Welcome to the Arm TechCon Speaker Center, we are thrilled you will be presenting at our event! This Speaker Center is designed to help you prepare for an exciting week of presenting, learning, and sharing ideas and provides general information associated with being a speaker at the event.
We look forward to seeing you then!
YOUR ROLE AS A SPEAKER
This center is designed to help speakers and instructors plan their engagements at Arm TechCon 2017. The conference will take place October 24 – 26, 2017 at:
Santa Clara Convention Center
5001 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, California 95054
As a speaker at Arm TechCon, you will receive a complimentary Speaker Pass and we will take care of your registration. The Speaker pass will give you access to all conference sessions, but it does not allow access to Mbed Connect or any of the Training Sessions. You can retrieve your Speaker Badge at Speaker Services located at the main registration center. More details to follow.
THINGS TO KNOW
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
|August 25th||Speaker Agreement Due|
|September 22nd||Additional Audio Visual Requests Due|
|September 26th||Presentation Slides Due|
|October 24-26th||Arm TechCon 2017|
Conference Operations Manager
Conference Content Director
As a speaker, you get access to many benefits throughout the event cycle.
- COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO THE CONFERENCE:
We welcome you, as a speaker, to attend any of the conference sessions and exhibits, as well as meals and social functions. You will be exempt from any conference registration fee. (Note: This does not include the Arm Training Day sessions or Mbed Connect.)
This is an opportunity to raise your profile and network with the electronics design engineering community in the following ways:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the Arm TechCon 2017 website
- A chance to have your session promoted on all Arm TechCon & affiliate Social Networks
- Speak about your latest inventions, company, and highlight your expertise to some of the most influential engineers and press in the field.
Last but not least, your contribution will make a positive impact on the Arm community by sharing your knowledge & expertise.
We will host a Arm TechCon Speaker webinar prior to Arm TechCon 2017. We’ll cover all aspects of presenting at Arm TechCon, including presentation requirements, so you are prepared to give a successful presentation when you arrive.
- Before-You-Go Final Speaker Webinar – Tuesday, October 10 at 10:00 a.m. PST/1:00 p.m. EST
PRESENTATION REQUIREMENTS & SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Slides are due Tuesday, September 26th.
ALL slide submissions MUST follow the requirements below. Speakers who fail to provide the proceedings materials correctly may not be considered as future speakers for the Arm TechCon Conference.
*Slides are NOT required for panels, but useful for attendees. Panel organizers- please work with your panelists to submit ONE PDF for your entire group. If you are a panelist and not sure if you need a presentation, please contact your panel organizer.
UPLOAD YOUR PRESENTATION
You will upload your presentation below:
- Name your PDF file: FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastname.pdf
- In the Description, please put the title of your session and enter your email address.
- Submit the final presentation in PDF format only.
**If you need to make revisions after you have submitted, please do not upload via the Box widget. Email revised PDF to Stephenie.Hawkins@ubm.com. This is avoid any delays in the process and ensure the correct version is provided to attendees.
Standard conference session rooms will include the following:
- 1 Wired Lavalier Microphone
- 2 Tabletop Microphones
- 1 LCD Projector With VGA/HDMI Cable
- Screen (16:9)
Note: Speakers will be responsible for providing their own laptop, presentation slides, and slide progression. If you are using a Mac, please remember to bring a dongle.
- Make sure to bring a copy of your presentation with you on-site.
- Speakers will be responsible for providing their own laptop, presentation slides, and slide progression.
- ***If you are using a Mac, please remember to bring a dongle.***
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact Stephenie.Hawkins@ubm.com
- Avoid sales pitches and commercial presentations. Experience shows that you will represent your company best by giving an educational, informative presentation.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about Arm TechCon 2017 sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact ClientServices@ubm.com or visit the exhibitor opportunities page.
ACCOMMODATIONS & TRAVEL
Check out Hotel and travel information for Speakers and attendees on our Hotel & Travel page.